Remote with SignaLink, Raspberry Pi and Web Radio Control #raspberrypi #ft4 #ft8 #hardware #jtdx

Alf Blomqvist

Hi all

I'm trying to set up a remote connection to my Yeasu FT-450D.

It's with a new application called Web Radio Control.

WRC uses a Raspberry Pi as a server to handle the system.

I have following issues with SignaLinks (I have two different) and both are set as advice for FT-450D and SignaLink from SignaLink.

When one SignaLink is attached I get Rx audio from remote QTH, but it's not possible to transmit.

When the other is connected I do not get Rx audio, but I may transmit!

Do you have any solution to my issues? I want to get both Rx and Tx audio from the remote QTH!

73 Alf
OH6IH

Mikael Nousiainen OH3BHX

Leaving a comment here for other SignaLink users with FT-450D or IC-7000.

We ended up solving the issue with SignaLink. It was related to some network connectivity issues (port forwarding settings in Asus router) and challenges with transmit audio levels.

It seems that rigs like FT-450D and IC-7000 have extremely sensitive audio inputs, which require special jumpers and settings in SignaLink according to the following instructions:

https://www.tigertronics.com/slusbts.htm#The%20SignaLink%20USB's%20TX%20control%20is%20%22touchy%22,%20making%20it%20difficult%20to%20control%20my%20RF%20power

73,
Mikael OH3BHX